Machine Learning Workshop Series
Topic: Artificial Intelligence for Everyone
Join us as we collectively explore and discuss AI, in particular, a thriving area of AI called Machine Learning. The series will begin at a very basic level, and progress towards building AIs of our own.
You will learn what Machine Learning is, and be equipped with the skills to build your own Machine Learning algorithm and then apply this to projects found within your discipline.
Yüvika Singh – KREATE and Computer Science, University of KwaZulu-Natal
Ajith Sampath – KREATE and ARC, University of KwaZulu-Natal
The provisional dates of the series are:
Part One (Beginner):
- 21 Sep, Day One = “Demystifying Artificial Intelligence, and its place in society.”
- 21 Sep, Day Two = “Understanding Machine Learning and Neural Networks in the context of Artificial Intelligence.”
- 5 Oct, Day Three = “A guided introduction into the basics of Machine Learning.”
Part Two (Intermediary-beginner):
- 7 Oct, Day Four = “A further investigation into Machine Learning tools.”
- 12 Oct, Day Five = “A brief look into Data Representation.”
- 19 Oct, Day Six = “Classification.”
- 26 Oct, Day Seven = “Neural Networks.”
A paid internship at KREATE © will be offered to selected participants upon completion of the series.