Applicant Closing Date: 15 June 2018
The Department of Science and Technology (DST) and the National Research Foundation (NRF) are pleased to announce a call for applications for Masters and Doctoral Scholarships for Full-time Studies in 2019.
In the process of reducing the high volume of applications received yearly, duplication of applications into different programmes and increasing the turnaround time to informing successful applicants, the NRF has consolidated all the Masters and Doctoral scholarship programmes such as DAAD, Extension Support for Masters and Doctoral studies, NRF Freestanding, Innovation, Scarce Skill Development Fund (SSDF), The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) Doctoral and The Southern African Systems Analysis Center (SASAC) in this framework document.
These scholarships are open to South African citizens or permanent residents as well as a limited percentage of foreign nationals who will register at a South African public university in 2019 on a full-time basis only.
Scholarships are intended to support Masters and Doctoral candidates to pursue research studies in all areas of Science, Engineering, Technology, Social Sciences and Humanities, including Priority Research Areas at public universities.
Applicants must apply on the NRF Online system at: https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application process set out in the attached framework document and funding guide. The application deadline is 15 June 2018 for funding in 2019.
Please refer to the framework document when completing the online application form at every step of the process.
INTERNAL CLOSING DATE 15 June 2018
Should you have any queries with regards to the call requirements or application procedure, please contact an NRF contact person listed below:
- Ms Fulufhelo Malamatsho: Professional Officer – HICD. Telephone: 012 481 4166. Email: email@example.com
- Ms Zethu Ntsoane: Professional Officer – HICD. Telephone: 012 481 4105. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms Melissa Govender: Professional Officer: GMSA. Telephone: 012 481 4311. Email: email@example.com
- Ms Thandeka Mthethwa: Professional Officer: GMSA Telephone: 012 481 4163. Email address:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr Sello Moloi: Professional Officer – Reviews and Evaluation (RE). Telephone: 012 481 4249. Email: email@example.com
- Mr Sam Sibiya: Professional Officer – Reviews and Evaluation (RE). Telephone: 012 481 4307. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For SASAC related enquiries, please contact:
- Dr Priscilla Mensah: Director-HICD. Telephone: 012 481 4396.
- Framework Masters and Doctoral Scholarships for FT Studies
- Masters and Doctoral Scholarships Application and Funding Guide 2019