Research Space is the institutional repository of the University of KwaZulu-Natal which was developed to increase the visibility, availability and impact of its research output. It was also created to disseminate and manage digital materials created by researchers of the institution.
Take a look at our school-specific publications:
Postgraduate Research &
Innovation Symposium (PRIS)
PRIS is an annual has conference that highlights postgraduate research in our college. The event has draws over 700 attendees each year.
The college also uses the event to build relationships with members of industry. Industrial partners attend the event to view the research, exhibit their offerings, judge the submissions and sponsor prizes.
Research Groups and Centres
The following UKZN research groups, units and centres contribute actively to the college:
School of Chemistry and Physics
School of Engineering
- Aerospace Systems Research Group (ASReG)
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics Lab (EFML)
- Eskom Centre of Excellence in HVDC
- Group for Solar Energy Thermodynamics (GSET)
- Particle Technology Group (PTG)
- Pollution Research Group
- Science & Technology Innovation Park (STIP)
- Structural Engineering & Computational Mechanics Group
- Solar car project
- Thermodynamics Research Unit
- Touch Prosthetics
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science
- List coming soon