UKZN Research Space
Research Space is the institutional repository of the University of KwaZulu-Natal which was developed to increase the visibility, availability and impact of its research output. It was also created to disseminate and manage digital materials created by researchers of the institution.
Take a look at our school-specific publications:
Directory of Experts
Knowledge leaders are essential in the rapidly-changing and information-rich world of today. Research underpins the College, which boasts the highest research output of the entire university.
We have a number of world-class researchers who are experts in their field and are among UKZN’s top published researchers.
Postgraduate Research & Innovation Symposium (PRIS)
The College hosts the annual Postgraduate Research and Innovation Symposium (PRIS), to provide a challenging and competitive environment for postgraduate students to present their scholarly work, via posters and presentations, to an academic audience, while at the same time disseminating knowledge. The event is seen as a highlight of the academic calendar and draws more than 800 attendees.
The event is also used to build relationships with members of industry. Industrial partners attend the event to view the research, exhibit their offerings, judge the submissions and sponsor prizes.
Research Groups and Centres
The following UKZN research groups, units and centres contribute actively to the college’s research output:
School of Chemistry and Physics
School of Engineering
- Advanced Concrete Materials (AdCoM) Research Group
- Aerospace Systems Research Group (ASReG)
- Bioresources Engineering Focucs Group (BEFG)
- Centre for Power and Energy Systems
- Centre for Radio Access and Rural Technologies (CRART)
- Centre for Research in Environmental, Coastal and Hydrological Engineering (CRECHE)
- Composite Materials and Structures Centre
- Energy, Food and Water Engineering Research Group
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics Lab (EFML)
- Eskom Centre of Excellence in HVDC
- Hydrology Focus Group (HFG)
- Group for Solar Energy Thermodynamics (GSET)
- Mechatronics and Robotics Research Group (MR2G)
- Minerals Processing Research Group
- Particle Technology Group (PTG)
- Pulp and Paper Research Fibre Processing Research Group (FPRG)
- Satellite Applications and Hydrology Group (SAHG)
- Science & Technology Innovation Park (STIP)
- Structural Engineering & Computational Mechanics Group
- Sustainable Energy Research Group (SERG)
- Sustainable Transportation Research Group (STRg)
- Solar car project
- Thermodynamics Research Unit
- Touch Prosthetics
- Urban Infrastructure Research Group
- Water, Sanitation & Hygiene Research & Development Centre (WASH R&D Centre)